New Year Recipes Gone Healthy!



Don't get me wrong – I LOVE the holidays! Specifically, the food. 
But if there is an opportunity to feel myself better on the 1st of January and cut back on a few meal calories- I am totaly game.

After brainstorming some of my favourite New Year dishes, I decided to make New Year dinner recipes with healthier alternatives.

1. New Year is not a New Year without Olivier salad. This dish has to be in every ukrainian home. It is easy to make it healthier – instead of cold meat put the roasted mushrooms in it, boiled potatoes, carrots, peas, fresh cuke, some fresh green onion and dress it with homemade mayonnaise or yogurt. This is a simple way to reduce the fat coma that New Year dinner typically includes.

  1. Holubtsi - ( stuffed cabbage roll). Instead of meat put some cepes mushrooms. You will have deliciously thick but healthy alternative. I can't wait to test it out this year!


  2. Let's be honest here! I need to eat some soup on the 1st of January morning, especially traditional ukrainian borsh! Make it on the 31st of December – they say it tastes better on the second day.


  3. Super delicious Uzvar! Drink up!


  4. You can't have too much of mandarin oranges on New Year's eve! Lot's of vitamines? Yes, please!

And there you have it!

 The healthy, beatiful and nutritious New Year's dinner!



0 коммент.:

Post a Comment