Happy Independence Day of Ukraine !



Happy almost 24th of August -it's one of my favorite holidays! This year the Day of Independence is especially important for Ukrainian people. We need to support each other in such a hard situation for our country and to be proud of who we are and what special country we live in...
My profession is translation, and some years ago, when I worked with foreigners who came to Ukraine, I got it. I looked at my country in a different light.
So I decided to make a list of things, that I really-really love about my country, things, that make Ukrainians unique and different from other people. Hope, that you like it!

I LOVE Ukraine, because of:

1. Our Transport! There are a variety of forms of public transportation in Ukraine – large buses, smaller, and the best privately owned “marshrutka” mini-buses! Want to try amusement ride? “Marshrutka” bus is exactly what you need! And marschrutkas Drivers love Music – From European Pop, to Russian chanson, it’s always a party on the bus. Sometimes it’s so loud, you can't answer your phone.


2. Our Food! Borsch – the Ukrainian national dish (delicious soup) with smetana (sour cream)!
The real culture of Seasonal Eating, when you go to the Bazaar to see and to be seen )) and
buy fresh fruits and vegetables.


3. Our Clothes! So unique. The most popular brand for men and some women of all
ages – adidas. Pants, Shirts, shoes... When you buy it at the bazaar, it's very cheap, but
you have to be very careful - there's a risk to buy adidis )). Another popular trend – bad
English Grammar T-Shirts. My favorite is : “ Say Me Yes”.))
But still, Ukrainians can dress so beautifully – especially on the 24th of August! Our people
look awesome in vyshyvankas. When Ukrainian puts on his vyshyvanka – there's tradition
in his heart. The vyshyvankas determine the values that we hold, the relationship we keep,
the language that we speak, the food that we eat...


4. Our Weirdness! If you came to Ukraine from other country, you have to remember:
- ukrainian women (and some men) never shake hands,
- we never pass anything in a doorway (over the threshold),
- we never leave an empty bottle on the table and we never toast with an empty glass)),
- we try not to sit at the corner of a table, because if we do – we'll never get married,
- we always sit 5-10 minutes in silence before leaving for a big trip, because we want
to arrive safely,
- we have our own cell phone etiquette: indoor or outdoor – doesn't matter, we answer it.
Watching movie at Cinema? Eating at Restaurant? Driving a car? Don't let Rhianna sing too
long, answer it! Whatever you do, make sure everybody sees that you are important enough
to be receiving a phone call and never turn it on silent!


5. Our Architecture! The Churches – Orthodox, beautiful, and classic Ukraine. I think the
photo says it all.


6. Our People! Babusias – Ukraine won't be Ukraine without them. They’ve seen more than
most people in the world and know absolutely everything. Lost? Ask babusia. Need a history
lesson and a recipe of tasty meal? Ask babusia.
Ukrainians are some of the most hospitable and warm-hearted people in the world. We have
the special “we” culture, which makes us a big family. Family of Ukrainians.


I'm proud to be Ukrainian. Proud to be different.
My wish this year is peace for my country.

3 коммент.:

  1. Wow lovely post and pictures...I've just found your blog and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! Your blog is awesome as well! I love your philosophy :
      Put everything you’ve got in whatever you do. I've Just launched my own Youtube Channel! So from now on - I'm gonna not only write about my life, but also - will share it through my videos!

      You are welcome to subscribe for ART, LIFESTYLE & SPIRIT to ART OLKA!
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_Fmaj1oQlALgYMypqiukeg

      Delete
  2. I Found Your Blog so Informative and the Articles are well Written.....i have a request if you please also come and visit my blog too.....it will be great
    To Be Aware of Different Culture Festivals of World LikeIndependence Day of UkraineFestival Please Visit Our Site..

    ReplyDelete